The Dangers of Rat Poison to Your Dogs and Cats

There are many, many different ways to get rid of rats. You could consider getting mouse traps and hope that the rats are small enough to be caught by them. You could also consider setting up cages with lures attached to them, but this almost never works out the way people want it to. Many people consider calling an exterminator to get the job done for them, but when you live in an apartment, you might not always have that option. This leaves only a handful of solutions left, with one of them being rat poison. If you have dogs or cats in your apartment or house, rat poison is just about the worst option you could choose.

What Can Rat Poison Do to Your Pets?

The reason that rat poison works well, and works efficiently, on rats is because rats are small. The truth is, rat poison is poisonous to just about everyone, including humans. However, most humans are able to read the labels that say just how dangerous ingesting rat poison can be. Dogs and cats cannot read this label. This means that if your dog or cat just happens to come across the area where you put down the rat poison, they might be curious as to what this new substance is.

For cats and dogs, what better way to figure out what a substance is than to taste it? This can, and will, lead to severe poisoning in your pet. This can leave your dog or cat with symptoms anywhere from a loss of appetite to seizures. The more rat poison ingested, the more seizures the dog or cat will have. This is something that no pet owner wants to have happen to their pet. Thankfully, there are other solutions. For instance, you could consider a plugin pest control.

What Do Plugin Pest Controls Do?

As the name might suggest, this type of pest control is one that you would plug into an outlet in your house or your apartment. This type of pest control usually relies on electromagnetics to work its pest-repelling job. In such small amounts, only smaller pests such as rats and mice will be affected. You also will not have to worry about it raising the price of the electricity bill, as these pulses are only small enough to affect rats and mice. You will also be able to choose what size range you want, meaning that you won’t have to worry about anything if you live in a larger house. This leaves you, your children, and the rest of your pets free to enjoy the comfort of your home, without having to worry about waking up to one of your pets having a seizure from ingesting rat poison.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *