An outdoor deck is one of the most popular forms of home improvement projects today. It is usually a flat but sturdy surface, similar to a floor, but is usually built and designed to elevate from the ground. A lot of homeowners build an outdoor deck for a number of reasons:
• Garden landscaping
• Living space extension
• Alternative for a patio
Since the name itself suggests that they are found outside the house, outdoor decks are often exposed to the devastating forces of natural elements such as rain, sunlight, snow, and wind. These factors contribute to premature deterioration of the structure. The snow, rain, and morning dew can be absorbed by the wood while the harsh heat of the sun can cause the wood to lose its natural oil.
If this happens, you will be left with two choices: you can build a new one or have it restored to its original beauty and tip-top shape. However, restoring the deck is a wiser choice compared to building a new one. Moreover, the restoration of your old deck can be a long and daunting task. If you don’t have the time in the world to do this, then hire people who have enough experience and expertise in this field, such as the licensed painters in Gold Coast. Not only these people have excellent painting skills, but they are also skillfully trained to perform deck rejuvenation, from preparation of the materials, high pressure cleaning, and stripping and staining of the wood. And in no time, you will have your old deck fully restored.
So what are the benefits that come with restoring your old deck?
• Save money – unlike building a new deck, which can cost about 8000 to 10000 GBP, restoring and rejuvenating your old deck can only cost you about 3000 to 5000 GBP.
• Protection – aside bringing back the deck’s original and natural look, it protects the wood from algae, milder and other damaging elements.
• Safety – it safeguards you from splinters by making the surface smooth and safe to use. It also reduces the deck’s surface temperature by applying coatings that cool down the surface.
• Boost the value of your home – restoring our old, dull-looking deck can make your home looking more attractive and appealing to homebuyer (if you are planning to sell your home). You can also regain as much as 81% of your investment in a wooden deck.
• Improve the quality of your life – having a beautiful outdoor deck can reward you psychologically.
So there you have it. Do you have things in mind you want to add on this topic? Let us know in the comment section.